AREWA!


POEM TITLE: AREWA!

See her walk with poise
Ssh! Don't make a noise
Watch her awesome carriage
Little wonder Esau considered pottage
I see thunder nod his head
Making Sounds enough to wake the dead



No karat gold refined by fire
Nor the "handsomeness of Sigidi" can hire
Her testimony, a beauty
Which God couldn't create in levity

If I were a trained hunter
I would bring you Venison
But I'm a man on Rights Altar
Else I would not be called a Nelson


Arewa!
Blessed are they who call thee Abisola
Incomparable to a hundred bottles of Coca-Cola
This band sings her beauty beyond Yola
In Camry, Bently and Toyota


Arewa! Abisola!
You have Pulchritude
But I love you for Character
Character is Beauty...
Iwalewa



-Sigidi: A yoruba doll character
-Iwalewa: Beauty is character



Vincent Nelson


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely poem....love the first 2 lines...

Nice one

Unknown said...

Thank you very much PPB Reader.